Monday, December 22, 2003

Beginning

And when he had ceased speaking, he said to Simon, "Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch." And Simon answered, "Master, we toiled all night and took nothing! But at your word I will let down the nets." And when they had done this, they enclosed a great shoal of fish; and as their nets were breaking, they beckoned to their partners in the other boat to come and help them. Luke 5:4-7 (RSV)

At the close of the great Jubilee year 200 in Novo Millennio Ineunte, The Holy Father exhorted us to heed our Lord's words to, "put out into the deep", and with these words I would like to begin this blog. My hope is that what is written on this site will be an answer to our Lord's words by simply sharing thoughts and ideas about faith and everyday life. In presenting the teaching of the Catholic Church, I pray to be faithful to the magisterium of the Church. If I am in error, I welcome correction. I appreciate all comments of good will.

Posted by David at 3:03 PM  |  Comments (0)  | 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment