Wednesday, November 19, 2014
Every Day is Thanksgiving  



Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Our family has always enjoyed the opportunity that Thanksgiving provides to remind us to be grateful not just once a year, nor even for a month, but every single day and throughout the day.

Recently, I have tried to cultivate two habits for giving thanks.  First, I try to begin time in prayer with thanks and to spend as much time giving God thanks as I would spend in any other part of my prayer.  Second, I try to take just a moment at the beginning of each day in the office by writing on a small pad of paper at least seven things for which I am grateful at that moment.  I read about this idea, and I have found it to be very helpful for starting out the work day in the right frame of mind. By my thinking,we should be grateful to God constantly; it should be our overall mindset.  With reminders like these, I hope to cultivate is an attitude of thanksgiving in order to maintain it at all times as much as possible.

For some fun ideas to help you celebrate Thanksgiving in your family and to remind you to give thanks, you can check out these Thanksgiving ideas from the Homeward blog.

[Painting: Angelus, Millet,  Musée d'Orsay]

Labels: ,


Posted by David at 7:30 AM  |  Comments (0)  | 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment